Snail Races

...where even the winners are slow and slimy. It's all a matter of degrees, really. Reality based since 1692.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upper Canada

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas, Old School


Armour Blvd., Kansas City, Christmas Eve, 1957 Posted by Picasa

Grandmother and me, just whipped after a long, festive evening opening presents at her apartment with Uncle Bob and Aunt Iola. We always went to her place for Christmas, and one of my best memories is of watching her old black and white console television set, as NORAD tracked an unidentified flying object as it travelled around the world from an origin north of Canada. I seem to remember the RCAF helping with the radar reconaissance. Good ol' Canada.

And l'il bro' and I loved the Hamm's beer commercials, with a bear doing all sorts of goofy, slapstick stuff as other adorable woodland creatures had a laugh at his expense.

"From the Land of Sky Blue Waters," the Hamm's jingle, could have been a Christmas Carol, for all we knew. Ah, good times...

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

That, my friend, is the funniest god damn Christmas picture I believe I've seen.

And I've seen some whoppers.

Happy merry.

December 24, 2005 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home